There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
181. I Was Cleaning The Guinea Pigs Cage And Found Her In Their Upside Down Home.
182. Fits Just Fine! (note: One Friend Assumed This Was A Pizza Box. It Is A 9 «x12» Usps Box. And Yes, She Is A Full-grown Cat.)
183. Now We Are Ready To Move!
184. Clearly Not A Banana
185. If Fits I Sits
186. Patriotic Pot Cat. Only In Usa — We Grow Our Own!
187. Astro, From Argentina
188. Ham And A Clear Box
189. If I Goes, I Sits. (inside Ceiling)
190. If I Don’t Fits, I Still Ships
191. My Box
192. Irene Fits And Sits.
193. I Fits, I Sits, I Chill
194. Goldie. Greetings From Hungary!
195. If It Fits I Sits
196. We Fits
197. So Much Room In The House But If I Fits I Sits
198. If I Fits, I Sits
199. Kitty In A Basket
200. It’s My Box, Not Yours !
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!
Like Us On Facebook!