There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
201. Tacocat 🙂
202. Even If I Don’t Fits, I Sits
203. If It Fits, I Sits
204. Other Fizzy Drinks Are Available
205. Luna Is Determined To Sit And Fit
206. I Can Stretch My Paws And Still Lots Of Room For My Tail. It Is Obviously A Perfect Fit.
207. Yin Yang.
208. Bagged To Go
209. Not Only Do I Fit But Also ...
210. Normally Sitting 6ft Up, But Likes To Be Carried As Well.
211. Crystal Fits, But She’s Too Lazy To Sit.
212. She Fully Embraces The «fits/sits» Rule Of Being A Cat
213. There’s Cat In My Salad...
214. I Is Dinosaur, Hear Me Rawr!
215. Crocs Confort
216. Puss And Boots
217. 17 Lb Cat In A Shoe Shelf
218. She Fits Better In My Philology Notes Box Than A Copy Of Umberto Eco Book 😉
219. Not A Turkey!
220. He «fits» Everywhere
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!
Like Us On Facebook!