There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
101. Shoe? What Shoe?
102. If We Fits, We Sits
103. ‘I Told You Both Of Us Could Fit’ — ‘I F*cking Hate You Right Now’
104. If It Fits, She Sits
105. A Little Cat Sleeping In My Sketchbook
106. Well, I Tried!
107. One Of My Friend’s New Kittens, Already Obeying The ‘If It Fits, I Sits’ Rule
108. Shut Up Human, I Fits
109. Cats Can Mathematically Work Out The Exact Place To Sit That Will Cause The Most Inconvenience
110. If I Fits, I Sits
111. Yin Yang Kitten Sisters!
112. Since He Was A Kitten...
113. School House Kitty
114. If Fits, I Sits
115. I Fits!
116. The Master Of Tiny Spaces: Zeus
117. If It Fits, I Sits
118. If I Fits, I Sits
119. I’ve Never Had Cats, But I’m Catsitting This Week. Decided To Try An Experiment; Mogli Hopped Right In After The Box Had Been On The Ground For Only 3 Seconds. Cats Really Do Love Cardboard Boxes, I Guess
120. The Princess And Her Entourage.
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!
Like Us On Facebook!