There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
121. How To Fit A Very Round Tigger In A Square Box.......
122. If It Doesn’t Fits, I Still Sits
124. My Furbaby George Pretending To Be A Plant... Passed Last Sept At 17.
125. If I Fits, I Sits
126. Cooking With Ginger
127. Meet My Cat Pussy Willow! If She Fits, She Sits
128. My Cat Casually Sleeping In Ukulele’s Box
129. If I Fits, I Sits
130. Why Yes, I Fit, I Sit
131. We Can Make This Work
132. Not Every Fits Can Be A Sits
133. Channeling Her Inner Ukulele
134. She’s Starting Her «If I Fits, I Sits» Early
135. If Atticus Fits, Atticus Sits
136. New House, New Hiding Spots!
137. I Fits!
138. Comfy Clean Litter To Lay In
139. If It Fits, He Sits
140. If I Fits Might As Well Have Kids
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!