There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
141. Rents Are Too Damn Expensive!
142. Packed And Ready
143. Looks Safe
144. Nice And Comfy
145. Sox In A Box
147. Princess Luther Will Get In All Boxes, No Matter The Size. And Then Yell Till You Go See Her
148. I Am A Potted Plant
149. My Coco... She Loves This Box
150. It Took A While (he’s A Big Cat), But He Managed To Fit In The Shoebox 😉
? -post=https://www.boredpanda.com/it-took-a-while-hes-a-big-cat-but-he-managed-to-fit-in-the-shoebox_1/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
152. U Fit, I Fit
153. She Squeezed Herself Into One Of The Boxes Prepared For Moving Home 😉
154. My Workout Buddy 🙂
155. Look At Those Toes! Stella Always Fits!
156. My Cat Likes To Sit In Small Bowls
157. If I Get Fit Inside I Sit Inside
158. Does This Count?
159. Window Sill.
160. 101 Ways To Wok Your Cat
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!
Like Us On Facebook!